Will Community Wisdom Take Search and Discovery to the Next Level?
With your moderator Safa Rashtchy, join a lively discussion with
Facebook’s Ari Steinberg,
FriendFeed’s CEO Bret Taylor,
Mahalo’s CEO Jason Calacanis, and
Wikia Search‘s Jeremie Miller
on what up-and-comers are doing to provide improved search and discovery capabilities through the wisdom of the crowd and how it will impact the overall consumer web search marketplace. We will address questions such as:
- What is social search and discovery? Why and how does it enhance the user experience?
- What are the potentials for social search –what are its limitations?
- When will social search reach an inflection point?
- What are the best platforms/networks or technologies for social search and discovery?
- Who are the most successful existing platforms on social search and discovery?
- Will social search supplement or replace current search and discovery processes?
- What types of players are best positioned to capture the largest market share?
- What are the roles of social networks and “traditional” search sites in this new area?
Moderator Safa Rashtchy is well known for his expertise on search and for hosting the teen panel at Web 2.0 Summits and for his prescient investor analysis on the search space as Piper Jaffrey’s Managing Director for Global Internet Media.
Date: July 8, 2008
Location: Cubberly Community Center, Room H-1, 4000 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto