Search SIG Feb. 12, 2008 – The Social Graph & Search
Hey, I know it’s been a long time. But we’re getting back up to speed with an awesome event.
Dude, Where’s My Car? Using the Social Graph / Social Platforms to Enhance Search & Discovery
When: Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2008
Where: Yahoo! Main Campus, Sunnyvale, CA – Building C. Classroom 5.
Who: Dave McClure will moderate! (more to come soon)
topics to cover:
– platform overviews / highlight unique features of each platform (API overview / features)
– explore social graph search / friend list lookup — as API feature (on platform vs embedded external)
– discuss targeted search vs serendipitous discovery (search box vs news feed)
– enabling friend lists / social graph lookup from email / IM / other data sources
– opportunities for 3rd-party developers — distribution / viral acquisition / monetization
– review privacy mgmt / data portability — high priority or not? alpha geek issue, or mainstream?
Register for the event (these fill up fast!): http://sdforum.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Calendar.eventDetail&eventID=12986