SEARCH WARS: The Search SIG Strikes BACK! (9/12 mtg on Search Analytics)
Greetings, Search Citizens!
Jeff “Darth” Clavier and yours truly Dave “Sidious” McClure had a long, wonderfully evil summer vacation torturing captured Rebel Alliance scouts & freezing them in carbonite. But now we’re BACK, ready to STRIKE fear in the hearts of Search Engine Jedis all across the Empire. (ok, actually one of Jeff’s companies was acquired by AOL and i helped launch the new & improved GigaOm 2.0, but we’ve both been dabbling in the Dark Side; it’s just so much more delicious 😉
So what’s new in the Search Republic? We’re glad you asked, young Padawan…
Want to know where all the traffic on your website or blog comes from? where it’s going to? or why your competitors get more Google Juice than you? look no further, these Jedi Masters of Search will tell you all you need to know.
- 6:30-7:00pm – Registration / Food & Drinks
- 7:00–7:05pm – Intros & Announcements (for the Benefit of the Republic)
- 7:05-8:15pm – Episode I: Search Analytics Panel
- 8:15-8:30pm – Intermission: Networking for Search Geeks & Bounty Hunters
- 8:30-9:00pm – Episode II: Live Search Demos (no lightsabers allowed)
- 9:00-9:15pm – Open Mike for Jedi Apprentices (please email me or Jeff if you’d like to speak)
- 9:16pm – Boba Fett personally invites you to leave the sector immediately.
Location & Directions:
- AOL Campus, Bldg #12, Shasta conf room
- 401 Ellis Street, Mountain View, CA 94043 (click for map)
Take the Ellis St exit from 101, and head west about 1/4 mile. The AOL building is a 3-story mirrored glass facility, about 3 blocks down on the left hand side. (note: if you get to the light at Middlefield you’ve gone too far; make a U-turn and come back 1 block)
(so we make sure we have enough food, drink, & midichlorians to go around)
May All Your Searches be Successful, and May the Force Be With You!