People Search – Search SIG – Tuesday, May 8th
This should be a good one! People search is fast becoming a leading vertical search category, with many different approaches to solve the problem. We have three of the leading thinkers in the game on our panel, plus Michael Arrington of TechCrunch Moderating. “Find yourself” at this awesome event!
- 30% of all searches on Google or Yahoo! are for specific people or people related.
- Marge Simpson “googled” herself for the first time on the latest episode of The Simpsons
- Is there room for a smart new company to take the place of a general search engine to provide better and more accurate results for people queries?
- What’s more important… the head or the tail?
- What about disambiguation? How can that be achieved?
- How does the concept of identity management play in to all of this?
- more more more!
Come and join us…
Time: 6:30 (registration) 7:00 (presentation)
Where: Building 43 – Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043
See you there!
Here it is on Upcoming: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/183783/Explore posts in the same categories: Announcements, searchsig